Quality Laundry Equipment Services for the Carolinas and Georgia
We Offer a Wide Range of Services
At Service Laundry Machinery, we can partner with you to provide the following services to get your coin or OPL laundry started or to the optimal level:
- Provide and/or interpret demographics for possible locations and participate and assist in site preparation.
- Assist or manage store or laundry room design and construction, including such considerations as decorating, furniture, lighting, equipment layout, proper sizing of utilities, makeup air requirements, accessory equipment requirements, vending options, amusements, parking, etc.
- Select and install proper Dexter Laundry equipment and any other laundry room accessories.
- Provide proven ideas for marketing.
- Provide future warranty protection and economical service.
- Supply Dexter and other vendor parts at nominal pricing.
- Troubleshoot existing design and operational problems.
- Provide lease or financing help through Dexter Financial.
- Demonstrate and implement technical upgrades through automation of laundry systems through computerization, palm pilot technology and utilization of a card system.
- Prove how equipment selection can greatly reduce labor and utility costs.
SLM's Top Service Tips
- Your (tank type) water heater (40 percent of your gas bill) loses its original efficiency up to 30% after the first year’s use and even more as it is used. Lime deposits begin to settle in the bottom of the tank, causing an additional layer of residue buildup. This layer will thicken, and the burner has to heat the water through the tank and the lime buildup. A deliming chemical kit is available for most tank-type water heaters. This kit will help eliminate the existing lime in your tank and keep it running more efficiently, but this is not the easiest thing to do, and special bypass valves are needed to prevent this chemical from going to your washers.
- Reduce the temperature of your water heater to 120 degrees. Water heaters above 140 degrees will use 50% more gas than the 120-degree setting.
- Make sure your water heaters and dryers have enough fresh or makeup air. The Dexter 30 lb. single-pocket dryer requires a minimum of one square foot of fresh outside air, and the stack dryers require a minimum of one and a half square feet of outside air. Most water heaters are two square feet. If you're not sure, call us, and we'll take a look for you.
- Lower the time per cycle (per quarter). If you're still on 15 minutes (you're definitely not making any money), lower your time to 10 minutes. 10 minutes lowered to 8 minutes, 8 or 7 1/2 minutes reduced to 6 minutes. If you own a computer type of dryer, you have the luxury of also raising the "cool down" time, thus not allowing the burners to come on during this period.
- Keep your lint screen area vacuumed or blown out. This will improve the airflow and allow your customer's clothes to dry faster.
- Take your burners out at least once a year and clean them. You'll be surprised at the amount of rust that comes out of them.
- Last, but surely not least: Consider raising the vend price of your washers up another quarter. Most of you have never done this, and while you have remained at your original vend prices, your utility costs have steadily increased year after year, thus reducing your profit. We hope that these tips help you with your rising utility costs, and if you would like for us to stop by, or if you have any suggestions that we can pass on to our customers, please call us at 1-800-845-2585.